Dr. Christie is committed to serving and educating as many individuals and families as possible about health and wellness...for their sake. We have found that the best way to communicate this commitment is through Wellness Workshops. Our Wellness Workshops are presented in an upbeat, energetic manner so they are not only informative, but fun as well!
Each workshop is 45-60 minutes in length, however, the time period can be adjusted to accommodate the schedule of the host. This includes a question-and-answer period at the conclusion of each workshop.
Our services are available to any business, club, or organization with a desire to become more educated on the subject of health and wellness. Some platforms and formats that have proved to be effective include:
- Staff meetings
- Lunch & Learn sessions
- Safety or wellness meetings
- Gyms / Clubs
Listed below are the educational services offered by Vibrant Health & Wellness Center. We will customize a workshop to meet the needs of each specific group as requested.
Stress Management Workshop
- Explanation of the causes of stress and how stress can affect our daily lives
- Description and symptoms of the different levels of stress
- Strategies for the relief and reduction of stress in our lives
The Fabulous Four to Improve Human Health Workshop
A health and nutrition workshop in which an explanation is given of the four ways to treat, promote, and improve individual health through:
- Exercise / Fitness
- Emotional / Mental
- Biomechanical / Structural Examples and interesting facts are given on each aspect so the listeners can associate themselves and their lifestyles with the information presented.
Injury Prevention Workshop
- Information is given on MSD (Musculoskeletal Disorders) and their effect on the workplace
- Facts about body, motion, and fitness
- Advice and strategies on how to reduce pain and feel better
- Instruction on simple exercises and stretches that help reduce general and job-specific injury
- Instruction on how to reduce injury in everyday activities
Developing a Titanium Immune System (As "flu season" approaches)
- How to move beyond treating ailments to establish good health
- How to strengthen your immune system by changing what and when you eat
- The damaging effects of sugar on your immune system
- How you can strengthen your immune system by decreasing your stress
Turbo Health for Kids
- This workshop empowers parents to better understand what kinds of food and what types of exercise your children require to avoid childhood diseases such as obesity and diabetes
Women on the Go
- Intended especially for the busy woman, this workshop shows you how to more effectively manage and balance work and family
Maximized Living Makeover
- This 40-day mind, body, and emotional transformation program is designed to help you learn more about healthy eating, exercise, time management, and peace management in order to live a Maximized Life!
Note: This program runs one hour each week for six weeks
- Sports Injury
- Women's Health & Wellness
- Children's Health & Wellness
- Osteoporosis Nutrition
- Nutrition Workshop: Basic & Advanced
- Fitness Workshop
- Emotional Health Workshop
- Health & Wellness
- Gait Analysis
We realize each group is unique and we leave it to you to determine what is most beneficial to your members/clients/employees. These workshops can improve employee satisfaction, reduce lost work days, and reduce repetitive stress injuries. We find that individuals who attend these workshops perceive them as both valuable and enjoyable. Many workers' compensation carriers will reduce premiums once an on-site education program like ours is instituted. We can provide Certificates of Recognition for Participation in the workshops, which are valuable for in-service training at many organizations.
If you are interested in hosting a Wellness Workshop, or have any questions about the workshops, please 719.599.0102. We will handle all of the set up from beginning to end. References are available upon request.